Monday, March 20, 2017

Deep Water Horizon









So, I watched Deepwater Horizon for the first time last night. It was a great movie, and just like you probably expect out of a movie like that-- it will give you the feels.

I won't summarize it on here, because the movie is a summary in itself and I want you to find out for yourself, but let me just tell you it's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

As you probably know,it is based off a true story. Remember in 2010 when that huge oil spill happened down in the Gulf of Mexico? I remember that the oil spill was all over the news...

                                            do you remember much about them reporting the actual drilling rig catching on
                                                                                                        fire and 11 people dying? Me neither.


Now, this blog is purely fun and farce, I didn't make this blog to talk about serious and sad things, because you could turn on the news and do that... so I won't concentrate on things that are too upsetting, but I felt like this movie deserved a tribute-- especially because it's a huge man-made disaster that I remember watching on the news.

You might be able to tell from my blog, but I'm a huge fan of the ocean. We go way back- the ocean and I. And that huge disaster (caused by BP's haste to drill oil and skip several safety protocols) spilled 130 million gallons of oil into the Gulf of Mexico.

If I were a fish I would have been pissed.

So, find Deepwater Horizon on Vudu, Amazon, Comcast-- however you rent movies and watch it. It's worth the money.


What did you think of the movie? Do you remember watching the oil spill on TV?




Actual DWH oil rig before disaster












Attempts were made to contain fire and keep DWH intact, however, the rig was destroyed and eventually sank into the Gulf of Mexico









Oil spill tracking in the Gulf of Mexico as the cut oil pipe continued to spew oil into the surrounding area.










 A wildlife rescue worker deployed after the DWH oil spill attempts to pull birds and reptiles out of the water and quickly snaps a picture of the oil accumulated on their glove.





A few more pictures of the aftermath of the DWH oil spill: