Thursday, March 23, 2017

Ghost Ship




I watched Ghost Ship yesterday. It was a movie made in the early 2000s, and is labeled under horror/action. Really, it's almost like a bunch of satire. If you watch it drunk like me, it's almost a comedy.


A team of abandon ship scavengers comes across a big payout found by an airplane pilot floating in the Bearing Sea. When they finally find it, they discover it is actually an ocean liner that went missing in the early 1960s.


Little did they know as they boarded the abandoned ship, it wasn't abandoned after all (cue ominous music...)


spooky....







The ending has a bit of a twist which I found to be quite entertaining, but I overall I give it 2 stars for entertainment, 5 stars for drunk laugh factor.






I thought the whole concept of ghost ships was kind of interesting, so I looked up some information online...





In 1840, a schooner was found in the arctic, all aboard were dead and frozen- including the dog. The captain was frozen to his chair, his pen still in his hand. In his Captain's log his last words were, "No food for 71 days. I am the only one left alive."


I guess he didn't make it.


It was discovered that this was the Schooner Jenny, an expedition vessel that had set sail in 1823, and had gone missing-- apparently stuck in the ice.


Crazy stuff!